Official Contest Rules for ‘Las Vegas Marries The Military’
Free Wedding & Vow Renewal Giveaway
Las Vegas wants to honor our members of the U.S. Armed Forces (active-duty, guards/reserved, retired and veterans) by donating FREE wedding and vow renewal ceremonies and services this Friday, November 10 with Las Vegas Marries the Military. The selected winners will be paired with participating wedding venues and vendors for a ceremony and day to remember!
Video Submission Information
Couples interested in participating need to submit a 30-60 second video on what a Las Vegas wedding or vow renewal would mean to you. Videos may be submitted online at http://www.weddingchamber.vegas/vegas-marries-military/apply/ Complete details and rules below:
- All videos must be uploaded to Youtube. Need Help with uploading to Youtube? Click here.
- Videos must be no more than 60 seconds long. This News report has some examples of videos from last year
- Provide a link to the Youtube page where the video was uploaded.
- All videos will be reviewed/collected by midnight PDT on October 10th, 2018.
- All video submissions will be reposted on Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce’ Instagram page and Facebook page.
- Board Members of the Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce and Armed Forces Chamber of Commerce will randomly select winners from video submissions by, October 15th, 2018.
To enter: you must be at least 18 years of age, and at least one member of the wedding party couple must be a member of the United States Armed Forces (active-duty, guards/reserved, retired and veterans). Submission Deadline Date – October 10, 2018.
Video/Essay Parameters: Any Entry deemed inappropriate or containing unsuitable text, in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, includes references to sex, nudity, acts of violence or acts that may cause harm, contains any proper names, third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, sexual in nature, or is otherwise objectionable, will disqualify the entrant as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a video as an Entry. All videos must be the sole, original work of the entrants and must be in English. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, members, and legal representatives the right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted.
Create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional, and all other purposes (including posting on any websites).
Redemption: Winning participants must be 18 years of age, and at least one member of the wedding party couple must be a member of the U.S. Armed Forces (active-duty, guards/reserved, retired and veterans). Winners will be notified on Oct. 15th. Prizes not claimed or refused will be forfeited and alternate winners may be selected.
Rights: By entering the contest, entrants agree to have their submitted names and/or videos, videos or likeness displayed on the Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce, Armed Forces Chamber of Commerce and Las Vegas Marries the Military social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or the organizations’/contest’s websites and used by us for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation. We reserve the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason. Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce reserves all rights.
- Offer is non-transferable; the offer has no cash value unless cash is offered. Not valid with any other promotions or prizes.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to participate, and at least one member of the wedding party couple must be member of the United States Armed Forces *(active-duty, guards/reserved, retired and veterans), and be able to show proof of valid military ID, VA card or some form. If vow renewal must be able to show proof of marriage.
- Any winning couple getting married are responsible for obtaining their own Clark County marriage license prior to their wedding taking place. Marriage License is $77. Winners must pre-register online at MLIC.vegas and use the free wedding website.
- All winners must be present to redeem the prize. The prize is valid on Friday, November 10, 2017, only.
- Any dispute not covered in these rules will be resolved by board/management and their decision is final and binding to all participants.
- Sponsoring wedding venues and services may ask for a winner to provide in advance a credit card to hold for incidentals. Wedding and services are free, however, cancellations with less than 7 days’ notice may receive a cancellation charge, cost depends on venue and service provider’s sole discretion, to be outlined at the time of planning.
- In the event that the Drawing System is inoperable or malfunctions, management reserves the right to cancel or postpone the drawing/promotion/event to a different time or day.
- By participating in this promotion, winners hereby give their permission to Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce and any of its affiliated members and companies to use their name, likeness, etc., for promotional purposes, in perpetuity, without compensation.
- Transportation to Las Vegas, Nevada is not included. Room and boarding in Las Vegas may not be included. Additionally, any and all applicable taxes required relating to the winning of any of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the participant. Participants with cumulative winnings over $600 for the year will receive a 1099. A Social Security number is required, per IRS for winnings equal to or greater than $100 (Refer to http://www.irs.gov/ on the website).
- Management reserves the right to distribute additional entries at its discretion.
- By participating in the promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decision of Management. Management will resolve any dispute or situation not covered by these rules and that decision shall be final and binding on all participants.
- Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to change, postpone, cancel, or modify the terms of this giveaway at any time at management’s sole discretion.
- Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce and any of its affiliated members and companies may exclude anyone from participating in the promotion for any or no reason, at management’s sole discretion. In the event of any conflict between this paragraph and any other language in the rules, this paragraph shall control.
- Unless specifically stated otherwise within the promotion, members of Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce and members of their immediate household are ineligible to participate in this promotion. http://WeddingChamber.vegas
Additional Methods of Entry:
Video submissions may not be available to all members of the Armed Forces. If you are an Armed Forces member and unable to provide a video submission, please refer to an Alternate Method of Entry below.
Please see above for “Video/Essay Parameters” as those will apply.