Celebrating weddings in Las Vegas started with County Commissioners declaring February “Wedding Month”. The month was also highlighted with the issuance of Clark County’s 5 millionth marriage license!
Press garnered more than 1 billion online impressions and reached an audience of more than 25-million on TV and Radio. Enjoy a few highlights and press coverage from the month.
Important February 2022 Dates:
- Launch of new Marriage License Bureau website – Weddings.Vegas
- Feb. 1: County Commission proclaims February ‘Wedding Month’
- Feb. 1: pass.fivemillionlovestories.com launched with a variety of special offers and discounts in honor of Wedding Month
- Feb. 1: Couples can upload a picture and share their Vegas love story. Visit the Five Million Love Stories page on the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) official website for more information.
- Feb. 2: the first specialty wedding date of the year kicks off with 2-2-22
- Feb. 10-22: the Pop-Up Marriage License Office opens at Harry Reid International Airport (open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Feb. 11: New love story mural by local artist Jerry Misko installed at the Clark County Marriage License Bureau Plaza
- Feb. 14: Valentine’s Day
- Feb. 17: Welcome to Las Vegas was lit with red, white, and pink bulbs
- Feb. 20: The Clark County’s Marriage License Bureau issued its 5 millionth marriage license
- Feb. 22: One of the biggest wedding days of all time! Twos-day, 2-22-22
Special news coverage of Las Vegas Weddings (some featuring LVWCC members):
- KTNV Channel 13 News – Couples looking for unique ways to say ‘I do’ have lots of options in Las Vegas.
- KTNV Channel 13 News – DJ convention comes to Las Vegas at the perfect time as people flock to marry on 2/22/22.
- Little Vegas Chapel was featured on Inside Edition! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSgIOSIMo2M
- Washington Post – https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2022/02/22/wedding-chapels-vegas-february-elvis/
- GoodMorningAmerica.com https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/living/story/couples-tie-knot-unforgettable-22222-wedding-date-82953790
- Wall Street Journal – https://www.wsj.com/articles/twosdays-many-many-too-many-twos-11645560762
- ABC Mundial – Buenos Aires, Argentina – https://abcmundial.com/en/2022/02/21/usa/tourism/las-vegas-issues-5-millionth-marriage-license
- Review-Journal – https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/tourism/wedding-capital-of-the-world-celebrates-5-millionth-license-2532894/
- LA Times – https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-02-14/wedding-valentines-day-vegas
- Los Angeles Magazine – https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/l-a-to-vegas-lap-dances-can-be-paid-with-bitcoin-plus-ballys-says-goodbye/
- The Points Guy – https://thepointsguy.com/news/airports-valentines-day-freebies-return/
- Watch news video clips from the County Clerk’s YouTube Channel.
A huge thank you to Aimee Stephens and PR Plus and the Office of the County Clerk for helping promote Las Vegas as the Wedding Capital of the World.